Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to the Blog

A few days ago I was reading a friend's blog and she questioned why no one else was updating their blogs so I figured I needed to get back on track! We've been busy with house projects and friends that have come in to town but it has all slowed down thankfully. We still aren't done with the floors we put down. We haven't put the quarter round on, but for now I'm happy. It's such a chore! I finally got James's room pretty much done. I'll post some pics soon. (After I go make his bed!)

Also, we finally started meal planning & I'm actually sticking to it! With the exception of a dinner out with friends occasionally, we have eaten at home quite a bit lately. (Which, if you know us at all, you know that's a big step for us!) During one of our shopping trips we discovered something AMAZING. It's called Batter Blasters.


It's an all organic pancake mix that comes in a can similar to a whip cream can. It's pretty healthy and super easy. Instead of having to make the mix from scratch (or make a whole batch and have a lot left over) I can just make 3 or 4 pancakes. Usually, I will also add in blueberries to the pancakes, too. (Though Adam on occasion has been known to throw in some chocolate chips!) A bottle of Batter Blasters is $3.99 here and it lasts us over a week usually. The main reason I love it more than making Bisquick or something like that is because if I make that I have a ton left over and then if we don't eat pancakes in the next few days they go bad. With Batter Blasters I don't have to worry about that because I make them when we want them. James LOVES them and they're so good they don't even need syrup. Even when I don't add blueberries we eat them plain. (Because who really wants a toddler to play in syrup any way?)

And, they're so good that James feels the need to stuff as much in his mouth as possible:

As soon as I make James's bed I'll take some pictures of his new room and post them on here as well. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess!! I loved your web page! It looks beautiful and so professional. I should get you to make one for me!! Your pictures of JD are so cute. I loved all your commentary. Thanks for including me in your blog. I am leaving for Ohio tomorrow with Yiayia and Papou for Andrea's wedding. It will be a looooooooooog trip, but the wedding should be fun. I will look forward to keeping up with your blog. I have seen your pictures on facebook. I don't get on it very often, but when I do, I look for your pictures. It's great keeping up with you. Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete