Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby Skunk!

So today, like most days, we decided to go outside after dinner to play. Adam was going to stay inside to work on some homework so it was just James and me. Well, I was strolling down the street and I saw what I thought was squirrel and I thought he was acting kind of funny. Well as I got closer I kept thinking that his tail was really weird too! Then I realized it was a baby skunk! (He was so cute, seriously. If the threat of smelling bad for a week didn't exist I swear I would have tried to pet him).

Any ways, I called Adam and of course he couldn't resist coming outside to see him. And then soon our neighbor Lloyd came outside. And before I knew it all the kids on the street were outside (this is a pretty common occurrence on our street). All the kids wanted to help catch the skunk! We wanted to take him over to the wooded area around the corner so he wouldn't end up stinkin' up our street! We got a box and some cat food (box provided by Wendy, cat food provided by us) and we finally caught the skunk! Then the boys (Adam, Austin F. and Lloyd) took the skunk in Lloyd's truck over to the woods and let him go. And no one got sprayed! Success!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job with the pretty skunk! We need more compassionate animal lovers like you in this world.

    ReplyDelete