Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Little Behind

So, I've been a little behind! I promise to get back into the blogging more!

First off, great news! Adam got a promotion!!! Awesome! Not so awesome: his new schedule! He now works 4pm - 1am Tuesday thru Saturday. I don't really like this schedule but I know it's a great opportunity for him to move up and I'm very proud!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving minus the fact that we all had colds! Luckily, I only had to make a few things: mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, & Adam made his spinach. My mom brought turkey, stuffing & gravy and Adam's mom brought pie & green beans. I got the itch to do some baking the day before and made some AWESOME pumpkin cheesecake (if I do say so myself!) I made three of them for Adam to take to work and he said they were gone within minutes. :-) It didn't last long around here either!

I am looking forward to Christmas this year. I think James will have a lot of fun! We got the tree up a few days ago and of course, James thinks that the ornaments are balls and hasn't quite grasped the "look, don't touch" concept. But, most of our ornaments are plastic and hung by string not hooks so there's not much trouble he can get into.

We haven't done our outdoor lights yet, with the exception of wrapping the pole. It's been raining the past few days so on Adam's next day off we're gonna try to get it done, assuming it's not raining!

I've gotten most of my shopping done - I did most of it online!

A lot of my time lately has been dedicated to home improvement projects. I am very thankful that we finally found some curtains that we like and have now ditched the vertical blinds in the living room! There were so annoying and they kept breaking! I promise to take some new pictures of the house and put them up once it's a little more in order around here! I also painted the kitchen & have started staining the cabinets. And no, we still haven't finished the trim on our floors. But we're getting there! Little by little!

I'm very excited about my brother coming into town for a couple of weeks, too! He will be here for Jimbo's 2nd birthday!!! YAY!!!

Okay, I think I've done a sufficient amount of blogging. I'll post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment